Thank you for visiting the Poudre School District School Choice Application System!
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2018-2019 school year.
- All applications must be submitted online. Paper applications not available.
- The application process works best in Firefox, Chrome, or Safari browsers.
School Choice Overview:
Whether choosing a neighborhood school outside a boundary area or a specialized school, Poudre School District's School Choice program allows families to select the school that best meets their child's educational needs, based on space availability and eligibility requirements.
The information on this website is designed to assist you with learning about Poudre School District's School Choice program, researching the options available at each school, and completing the online School Choice Application.
Click here for a video tutorial (Available in English & Spanish)
Click here for a parent manual
The tabs above contain links to the following information for your reference:
- School Choice Home: General information about School Choice in Poudre School District.
- Schools: If you are new to our community or a long-time resident, live in surrounding areas, or your child is just beginning the educational journey, you may explore school options available in Poudre School District by selecting the Schools tab.
- School Choice Application Information: This page provides information about what you will need to complete an application, key information about School Choice and the process, descriptions of the nine priority rankings for applications, and the notification process after the application has been submitted.
- Contact Us: Please refer to this page for information about how to contact Poudre School District if you have questions about the School Choice process or policy, or questions about Schools in Poudre School District.
- Apply Now: When you are ready to complete a School Choice Application, this page is where you will either create an account and complete an application or access a previously created account.
Poudre School District's School Choice program has two application/consideration periods:
1. First Consideration Period - begins the first day of class at the beginning of the school year prior to the
school year in which a student wishes to attend a choice school or program. The deadlines for first
consideration period are as follows for the 2018-2019 school year:
A. Elementary schools (Grades K-5): Friday, January 26, 2018 by 12:00pm Noon Mountain Time.
B. Secondary schools (Grades 6-12): Friday, January 19, 2018 by 12:00pm Noon Mountain Time.
The order in which applications are received during the first consideration period does not affect a student's chances of acceptance. Please select the School Choice Application Information tab for more information on the School Choice process.
2. Second Consideration Period - applications may be submitted after the first consideration deadline until
the first day of class at the beginning of the school year of requested enrollment.
The order in which applications are received during the second consideration period are based on priority ranking and date and time on when the application was submitted.
The School Choice Application process includes a renewal option which allows a student to remain on a school's waitlist for the following year. If you have a student on a school's waitlist for the 2017-2018 school year, please access your account on the Apply Now tab and refer to your Dashboard for information regarding the renewal process for the 2018-2019 school year.
Please visit the Poudre School District website (School Choice Information | Poudre School District) or review the District's Policy JFBA for more information about School Choice.