This page outlines the information that you will need to complete a School Choice Application. Please review before submitting an application.
Key Information about Completing a School Choice Application:
- All applications must be submitted online. Paper applications are not available.
- Parents may select up to a maximum of five schools on one application.
- Parents may not rank schools in order of preference.
- Complete a separate application for each student. Please do not enter multiple applications for the same student.
- A parent/guardian of multiple birth siblings (i.e., twins, triplets, etc.) may, but is not required to, complete and submit one School Choice Application covering all such siblings. In those cases where a parent/guardian elects to complete and submit one School Choice Application covering all multiple birth siblings, those siblings shall be considered together when determining availability of space and eligibility. Multiple birth siblings shall only be admitted together and only if space is available for all of them and each is eligible. If space is not available for all multiple birth siblings, all of them will be placed on the waiting list together.
Information Needed to Complete a School Choice Application:
- Your student's name.
- Poudre School District student ID number if the student has one.
If your student is currently enrolled in a Poudre School District school and you do not know your student's ID number, please contact your current Poudre School District School or visit ParentVue.
- Student's date of birth.
- Grade for which student is applying.
- Current School (if applicable).
- The employee ID number of any parent or guardian that is employed by Poudre School District.
- The names and student ID numbers of siblings that are currently enrolled in Poudre School District.
If your student is not currently enrolled in Poudre School District, also be prepared to provide:
- Student's address as of the first day of school.
- If the student/applicant address is yet to be determined, please enter the current address of the student/applicant.
- Once a new address is determined, please update the School Choice Application by selecting the Apply Now tab and accessing your account, select your student, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the Edit button to update the student's address.
- Parent/guardian name and contact information (phone number and email address).
- Parent/guardian address if it is different from the student's.
To Enter a School Choice Application:
- To enter a School Choice Application, please select the Apply Now tab at the top of the page.
- Please follow the instructions on this page to create an account or access a previously created account.
- Parents will only need to create one account to submit all School Choice Applications for students within their household. Each student will need his/her own application unless they are applying as a multiple birth sibling.
- Follow the prompts for questions on the School Choice Application.
After Submission of a School Choice Application:
- After completing and submitting an application, you will receive a confirmation email. This email is your proof of submission and it is recommended that you print a copy for your records.
- It is highly recommended that you periodically log into your account on the Apply Now page to check your dashboard for updates.
- For information on the notification process, please select the Notification Process tab on the left side of this page.
To Make Changes to a Previously Submitted School Choice Application or If You Have Questions About the Application:
- If you have previously submitted an application and need or want to update any of the information you entered, remove or change requested schools, please select the Apply Now tab to access your account and Dashboard. From there you may edit an existing application.
- For questions about the status of a School Choice Application for a school, please contact the school you applied to have your student attend.
To Renew a 2018-2019 School Choice Application for the 2019-2020 School Year:
- The School Choice Application process includes a renewal option which allows a student who is currently on a school's waitlist for the 2018-2019 school year to remain on that school's waitlist for the 2019-2020 school year. Applicants do not automatically roll over to the next year's waitlist.
- To renew your student's 2018-2019 School Choice Application for the 2019-2020 school year, please select the Apply Now tab to access your account and dashboard. From there you will find information to renew your student's application.
- Renewal School Choice Applications must be submitted by the First Consideration Period deadline. (Elementary and Secondary Schools is Friday, January 18, 2019 by Noon Mountain Time)
- Failure to renew your student's School Choice Application by the First Consideration Period deadline will result in your student being removed from that school's waitlist for the 2019-2020 school year.
To Change Schools After the School Year Has Started:
- If a School Choice Application is approved and accepted, the student must commit and plan to remain at the choice school or program for at least the remainder of the academic year for which the student was admitted.
- Once a school year begins, open enrollment (School Choice) for that school year is over. Applying to attend another school is considered a transfer and must be approved by either the Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Schools or Assistant Superintendent of Secondary Schools. You may begin the school transfer process by completing the School Transfer Request form. Also available in Spanish .