For information about important dates, deadlines, when families will be notified by schools about their School Choice Application, and the timeframe families have to respond to schools regarding their decision, please select the appropriate School Choice Timeline link at School Choice Information | Poudre School District.
Notification Regarding the School Choice Application:
First Consideration Period:
- After the First Consideration Period Deadline has passed, the notification period will begin.
- School Choice applicants will be first placed on a school's waitlist and parents will receive an email notification with this information.
- Once a school has determined their space availability, parents will be notified by email if a seat becomes available for their student.
- It is highly recommended that you periodically check your emails and log into your account on the Apply Now page to view your Dashboard for updates, particularly during the notification period.
Second Consideration Period:
- Second Consideration Period School Choice applicants will be first placed on a school's waitlist once the school has processed the application and parents will receive an email notification with this information.
- Once a school has determined their space availability for a Second Consideration Period applicant, parents will be notified by email if a seat becomes available.
- Parents are encouraged to periodically check their emails and Dashboard for updates regarding the status of their student's application during Second Consideration Period.
- For more information about how waitlists work, please see District Policy JFBA.
Next Steps After Notification from School:
- If you receive communication from the school that they do have available space to accept your student, you will need to select one of the following options from your Dashboard:
- Accept Seat
- Decline Seat and Stay on Waitlist
- Decline Seat and Remove from Waitlist
- During the first and second consideration notification periods, parents must respond within two school days to accept or decline their child's admission. School Choice applicants will be considered to have declined admission if the parent fails to respond within two school days. If parent fails to respond, the applicant will be placed back on that school's waitlist and the next applicant on the waitlist will be considered for acceptance.
- If you receive communication from the school that they do not have available space to accept your student, you may stay on that school’s waitlist or select the following option:
- NEW:If an applicant has received three or more seat offers from a school and the parent does not respond with a decision to accept the seat or request to stay on that school's waitlist, the applicant will be removed from that school's waitlist.
- PLEASE NOTE: Once a student is removed from a school's waitlist, this action cannot be undone. To be placed on the waiting list again, a new School Choice application will need to be completed for that school for the following school year.
If you have questions about the notification you receive from schools, please contact the school directly.